Wednesday, April 17, 2013

the possible worlds hedgehog

Philosopher Robert Stalnaker is interviewed at 3amMagazine.
Robert Stalnaker is the grandmaster flash of contemporary metaphysicals. He thinks that a language-first approach to philosophy is ludicrous, Paul Grice an inspiration and Saul Kripke very important to his early thinking. He broods on issues about internalist and externalist doctrines and approaches, on our knowledge of the external world, about the nature of phenomenal knowedge, about the view from nowhere, the opacity of transparency, contextualism, relativism, possible worlds, the entanglement of semantics with metaphysics, haecceitism and the beauty of metaphysical theories, amongst other things. He is currently on a phased retirement at MIT and becoming a Visiting Professor at Columbia. He is simply a modern daddy of the mac!Chillin’!
the possible worlds hedgehog » 3:AM Magazine

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I wasn't sure where to put this but I am a Cincinnati philosopher and I've written a piece of philosophy that I'm trying to get edited. To see if my ideas make sense. I'm not exactly sure who to ask but you might know someone capable I figured. Thanks for your help.