- Former HP CEO Carly Fiorina was a medieval history and philosophy major at Stanford University.
- Activist investor Carl Icahn was a philosophy major at Princeton University.
- Former FDIC Chair Sheila Bair was a philosophy major at the University of Kansas.
- Hedge fund manager George Soros was a philosophy major at the London School of Economics.
- Former Fannie Mae CEO Herbert Allison Jr. was a philosophy major at Yale University.
- Former Time Warner CEO Gerald Levin was a philosophy major at Haverford College.
- Overstock.com founder and CEO Patrick Byrne got a Ph.D. in philosophy from Stanford University.
- Flickr co-founder Stewart Butterfield got both a Bachelor's and Master's degree in philosophy.
- PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel was a 20th century philosophy major at Stanford University.
Sunday, January 19, 2014
9 Philosophy Majors Who Became Extremely Successful In Business
"...philosophy, one of the more cerebral and seemingly less practical majors out there, has produced some incredibly successful people."